Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Piper Jean Arnst

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 24, 2008

latest and greatest!

Kaden just loves to put his paci in backwards and chew on it that way. Just thought that I had to include him actually doing this!


Well, I have good excuses... but I really do need to update! Well as of Jan 1 we put Kaden on formula (nutramigen) to see if allergies were causing his excema and then we waited... well it didn't do much from the looks of it. After two weeks he was still spotty around his eyes... and that was with verdeso (a steroid foam). We went down to U of M in Ann Arbor and saw a pediatric dermatologist there. Their thought was again... yes it is excema, but what is causing it. One line of thinking she had was a possible zinc deficiancy. But that it looked infected and we should put him back on keflex and several ointments and see. We started treatments Thursday morning and by Satuday, he already looked cleared up... without the zinc yet.

So we have been doing everything now and he really does look so much better! I know that we can't keep him on this treatment forever... but I finally get to cuddle with him without worry of catching his skin. He is also taking some allergy medication to relieve the itching so that makes me feel better that he doesn't feel itchy all the time.

While we were up North for a short family get-a-way(pictures to come), a dear college friend called and as we were sharing stories she shared that both of her children are severe allergic and so it was helpful to know that we can get to the bottom of this. One day at a time.

Working with children with autism and ECDD (developmental delay) and other needs, I am so blessed to come home and know whatever God is teaching us through this, that God is teaching us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you seem to really be trusting God in the midst of this difficult and trying time! That is so wonderful! I am sure it can get discouraging at times so keep pressing on!! Your love for Kaden is so evident!!!

mjgregersen said...

Hi...this is Melissa Gregersen (Outman), I was googling some old BBC ppl and found your blog! I dated Jaron our freshman year, and I remember Jodi very well, you were so kind. I heard you two got married, and congrats on your adorable boy. Please email me at ponygirl615@yahoo.com if you would like to communicate more, I love to catch up on ppl's lives, and see how God is directing them. Kaden is adorable...my heart breaks though when I see his little face. It is so hard as a parent to watch your child suffer. I would love to hear from you...please email if you would like too. melissa =)